General Sales & Customer Support Questions
How can I boot up a Windows 8 system that support EFI and Secure boot so it will recognize my hard drive to restore my image?
Here is a method to boot up a Windows 8 system that supports EFI and Secure Boot.
- You will need to create a recovery drive. To start this, go to Control Panel. (You may launch Control Panel just by typing that in at the Metro interface)
- In Control Panel, select "Find and fix problems" under the System and Security section.
- Select "Recovery" which appears on the bottom left side of the screen.
- Click on "Create a recovery drive" and follow the prompts. You will need to have a black USB flash drive connected to your computer.
- Once the USB drive has been created, you may open it with Windows Explorer to view the contents.
- Create a new folder in it called DiskImage.
- Copy the contents of the "C:\Program Files\LSoft Technologies\Active@ Disk Image" into that folder.
- You may now boot your system from the Recovery Drive.
- Once booted, select Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Command Prompt.
- Locate the drive letter of the recovery stick by typing in E:
(it may be another drive letter, you may check by typing in F: or G: or H:)
- Change into the DiskImage folder by typing in cd diskimage at the E:> prompt.
- To launch the Disk Image program, type in disk_image and the program will start.
- A message will appear that it is running in demo mode but it will allow you to restore an image.
Click here: General Sales & Customer Support Questions
- How can I get an update to the latest version of Active@ Disk Image?
- May I try the software before purchasing it?
- What is the difference between an "update" and an "upgrade"?
- How do I register my copy of the software?
- May I use a purchased copy of the software on a second computer?
- I have lost the CD-Key/Serial number for the software, what should I do?
- Do you charge sales/VAT tax?
- I have a sales question. How do I contact you?
- What are your phone sales hours?
- How are my products shipped?
- What kind of payment methods do you accept?
- We would like to place a Purchase Order? Is this possible?
- Where do I get technical support for my product after purchase?
Click here: Technical Questions
- Does Active@ Disk Image support Windows 2003 Server/SBS (Small Business Server)?
- How do I make a bootable Rescue CD?
- Is the Windows Vista Operating System supported?
- Can a Backup Disk Image be restored to a disk using another size rather than its original size?
- Can multiple PC disks or partitions be imaged at once?
- How can I know that an image was created successfully and contains data?
- Does Disk Image support automated disk imaging?
- Is it possible to restore selected files from the Backup Disk Image?
- Is it possible to restore selected files from the RAW Disk Image?
- Can a Disk Image be saved or restore from Network share?
- Can a Disk Image be written to CD/DVD or USB hard drive?
- I started the Rescue CD and need to restore an image from a CD/DVD. How can that be done?
- Does Active@ Disk Image work under Windows 98 or Windows 2000?
- Why do I get the error message "The file is not the last file of multi-file archive. . . " when I try to open an image file?
- What does it mean when I get the error message: ". . . call has failed. HRESULT = . . . " ?
- Why do I get a message that a drive cannot be locked while creating an image?
- I have deleted my system partition and I want to restore an image that I made earlier. I've had trouble with other backup programs not being able to restore an image completely and it won't boot.
- How "Number of previous backups to keep" feature is implemented?
- Is it possible to store an image to a bootable USB memory stick?
- When attempting to create an image, the following error appears: VSS_E_MAXIMUM_NUMBER