VSS error 0x80070005 involving IVssWriterCallback happens when creating an image
Active@ Disk Image relies on VSS service when creating an image. It may fail due to insufficient COM access permissions resulting an error mentioning "Gathering Writer Data", IVssWriterCallback and error code 0x80070005.
To resolve this issue do the following:
- Open Computer Services by entering dcomcnfg in command prompt
- Expand Console Root > Computer Services and right-click on My Computer to display My Computer properties dialog box
- Select COM Security tab in the dialog and click on Edit Default.. button in Access Permission section
- Add NETWORK SERVICES to the user list and allow Local Access for it
- Save changes
When selecting an image file in "Open backup file" dialog, the following error is displayed: ERROR : Access Violation at 0x005B28E0 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated?
This happens because the image was created by a newer version of software than the one used to open the image. Most likely the version of Disk Image on BootDisk is outdated. Update software and try again.
Click here: General Sales & Customer Support Questions
- How can I get an update to the latest version of Active@ Disk Image?
- May I try the software before purchasing it?
- What is the difference between an "update" and an "upgrade"?
- How do I register my copy of the software?
- May I use a purchased copy of the software on a second computer?
- I have lost the CD-Key/Serial number for the software, what should I do?
- Do you charge sales/VAT tax?
- I have a sales question. How do I contact you?
- What are your phone sales hours?
- How are my products shipped?
- What kind of payment methods do you accept?
- We would like to place a Purchase Order? Is this possible?
- Where do I get technical support for my product after purchase?
Click here: Technical Questions
- Does Active@ Disk Image support Windows 2003 Server/SBS (Small Business Server)?
- How do I make a bootable Rescue CD?
- Is the Windows Vista Operating System supported?
- Can a Backup Disk Image be restored to a disk using another size rather than its original size?
- Can multiple PC disks or partitions be imaged at once?
- How can I know that an image was created successfully and contains data?
- Does Disk Image support automated disk imaging?
- Is it possible to restore selected files from the Backup Disk Image?
- Is it possible to restore selected files from the RAW Disk Image?
- Can a Disk Image be saved or restore from Network share?
- Can a Disk Image be written to CD/DVD or USB hard drive?
- I started the Rescue CD and need to restore an image from a CD/DVD. How can that be done?
- Does Active@ Disk Image work under Windows 98 or Windows 2000?
- Why do I get the error message "The file is not the last file of multi-file archive. . . " when I try to open an image file?
- What does it mean when I get the error message: ". . . call has failed. HRESULT = . . . " ?
- Why do I get a message that a drive cannot be locked while creating an image?
- I have deleted my system partition and I want to restore an image that I made earlier. I've had trouble with other backup programs not being able to restore an image completely and it won't boot.
- How "Number of previous backups to keep" feature is implemented?
- Is it possible to store an image to a bootable USB memory stick?
- When attempting to create an image, the following error appears: VSS_E_MAXIMUM_NUMBER